This delicious Double Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry sauce is the best dessert that you can prepare in less than one hour! It is decadent and full of flavour: a fantastic treat for every chocolate lover!
Few weeks ago we had lunch with some friends at a nice restaurant in our neighbourhood. As usual, I was impatient to finish with the main course and to try one of the desserts. I chose white chocolate mousse and it was a great choice: very nice and rich. The only thing I didn’t approve completely was the fact that the mousse was garnished with fresh fruits: apples, kiwi and oranges. Somehow the richness of the mousse didn’t go well with the freshness of these particular fruits.
Well, as you can expect, I ate it all but as soon as we went out of the restaurant I started dreaming about making some chocolate mousse myself. I thought that the perfect mousse would have a fresh garnish but not as fresh as apple: it had to be also rich at the same time. After pondering for a day or two, eventually I came up with the perfect solution: a combination of dark and white chocolate mousse with raspberry topping.
If I have to choose only 3 fruits that are best to pair with chocolate I would probably go for strawberries, raspberries and bananas. Out of them raspberries and strawberries would add some freshness to the dessert, while bananas will bring additional richness. I love raspberries more, that’s why I decided to go with them for that topping. Nevertheless if you prefer strawberries you might prepare it with them.
Apart from being incredibly delicious, this Double Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry sauce is also very fast and easy to make. As long as your cream is whipped properly (which means to become really thick), the dessert is almost done! Then adding the chocolate to the cream and preparing the toping are easy tasks.
Seriously: even if you never made a chocolate mousse before, you will succeed with this one! It contains no eggs and doesn’t require complicated techniques. It is a simple decadent pleasure in a glass, made with only 5 ingredients!
Double Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry sauce
White and dark chocolate mousse:
- Before starting to prepare the mousse, refrigerate 300 ml of the heavy cream for 6 to 8 hours in the top rack of the fridge. For best results place also the bowl and the beaters of the mixer for 15 minutes in the freezer.
- In a large mixing bowl whip 150 ml heavy cream until very thick.
- In a medium heatproof bowl combine while chocolate, broken into pieces and 50 ml heavy cream (not refrigerated). Place the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Stir until the chocolate melts.
- With a rubber spatula carefully fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream until homogeneous. Spoon the prepared white chocolate mousse into glasses and set aside.
- Whip the rest of the cold heavy cream (150 ml) until very thick.
- Following the above process, melt also the dark chocolate together with the remaining 50 ml heavy cream.
- Carefully fold the dark chocolate mixture into the whipped cream. Spoon the dark mousse in the glasses over the white mousse.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine raspberries and sugar. Whisk until the mixture starts to thicken: about 10-15 minutes.
- Spoon or pour the prepared sauce on top of the chocolate mousse.
- Refrigerate the mouse for 2-3 hours before serving it.