I am very happy to present you a new cheesecake recipe that is very quick, easy and incredibly delicious at the same time! In fact this Chocolate Banana Mascarpone Cheesecake is a no bake cheesecake but it also doesn’t contain gelatin. How does its filling become stiff than? It’s very simple: with chocolate!
For some time I was dreaming about a soft dessert with creamy consistency. But I wasn’t thinking about a mousse in a glass. My idea was for a cheesecake with creamier texture and marvellous taste. Chocolate was the first word that this idea brought to my mind. The second one was mascarpone. In case you are not aware, mascarpone is also a kind of cheese. Therefore a cake made of mascarpone is a kind of cheesecake as well.
I thought that bananas would go pretty well with my wonderful Mascarpone Cheesecake. Indeed the combination of chocolate and banana is great and I know only one person who doesn’t like it – my better half. I knew that I had very low chances to draw his attention to that miraculous creation of mine but that didn’t discourage me too much. I was determined to prepare my dream dessert in spite of everything!
The crust on the bottom was wonderful too! I have shared more than once in the past that I am not so much into cheesecake crusts. I even prepared two cheesecakes without crusts: the Raspberry Cheesecake Cake and the Chocolate Sponge Cake with Cheesecake Filling… But seems that this time I found the perfect proportion of cookies and butter so the crust was really good.
Then I had another crazy idea: to make a layered cheesecake. Basically the bananas were arranged on two layers inside the filling, sprinkled with cookie crumbs. Certainly that was a great idea: the cheesecake turned out really great.
One more good thing about this cheesecake: it doesn’t need to stay in the fridge too long before serving. It needs about 4 hours only as it takes short time for the chocolate to harden. That means that if you have a big party in the afternoon or evening, you can prepare the dessert on the same day in the morning!
Chocolate Banana Mascarpone Cheesecake
- Line a 17-18 cm (7 inch) spring form pan with a circle of baking paper.
- In a bowl combine cookie crumbs and ground walnuts and stir. Use a kitchen scale to divide them in two equal parts (if you don’t have scale, use a measuring cup).
- Combine one half of the cookie crumb mixture with the melted butter and mix well. Press it to the bottom of the prepared spring form pan. Place the pan in the freezer while preparing the cheesecake filling.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat together mascarpone, vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth. Using a rubber spatula fold in the melted chocolate. Mix gently until uniform.
- Spoon about 1/3 of the mascarpone mixture in the cake pan, over the crust. Arrange on top half of the banana slices and sprinkle them with about 1/3 of the remaining crumb mixture.
- Spread another 1/3 of the mascarpone mixture and cover with a second layer of bananas and cookie crumbs. Spread on top the last part of the mascarpone and smooth it with a spatula.
- Cover the cheesecake with cling film and let it stay in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving decorate with the remaining fresh bananas, crumbs and melted chocolate.
For a pan 21-24 cm (8-9 inch) increase the products with 50%.
For a 25-26 cm (10 inch) pan you need to double the products.