Sweet, decadent and with irresistible taste, this Mango White Chocolate Mousse with Soy Sauce will surely impress you!
I have a fascination for delicious and fluffy mousses. I have tried already different kinds and majority of them were fantastic. It is equally pleasant for me to make and to eat mousses! I can propose you few great recipes of mine which you would surely appreciate: Double Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry sauce is very popular and it tastes like a real heaven in a glass. Pistachio Cheesecake Mousse with Brownie Bites is another perfect dessert with memorable taste. The Spicy Chocolate Mousse made without cream or eggs is another wonderful alternative and it is also very simple… but apart from being simple it is also good as a cake frosting. And as we touched the topic of cakes, this No Bake Cookie Cake with Lemon Mousse is just wonderful!
What I love about mousses is not only the airy and creamy texture, I also like the fact that they are so quick to make and don’t normally require much elaboration. The only challenge with the mousses is to whisk them properly, so that enough air gets inside and forms the wonderful texture. If you make a mousse with heavy cream, make sure the cream is very cold before you beat it. It has to become very thick before you add it to the rest of the ingredients: that will ensure a perfect consistency of your mousse.
I haven’t yet tried to make a chocolate mousse with eggs for one reason which I’ve already mentioned before: I avoid using raw or semi-cooked eggs in my recipes for safety reasons. The classic chocolate mouse is made with eggs, nevertheless the above listed recipes prove that eggs are not always necessary for a great experience.
This Mango White Chocolate Mousse with Soy Sauce is my newest experiment in the area. It is simply white chocolate mousse mixed with mango puree and a bit of soy sauce for extra richness: a real pleasure for the palate. It’s totally worth trying it, considering also that it takes about 30 minutes to make it from scratch. And you can eat it right away, even though chilled is the best 🙂
Mango White Chocolate Mousse with Soy Sauce
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine mango, 1 teaspoon soy sauce and 1 tbs brown sugar. Stir until the mixture starts simmering. Cover with a lid and let simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring from time to time to avoid burning. When the mango pieces soften a bit, remove the pan from the heat. Let cool for 15-20 minutes and then puree the mixture in a food processor or blender.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream until very thick. Gradually add the melted white chocolate, folding it gently with a rubber spatula. Little by little add also the cooled mango mixture, leaving apart just about 2 teaspoons of it. Gently mix with the spatula, until absorbed.
- Divide the mousse between 4 glasses or ramequins.
- Combine the remaining teaspoons of the mango sauce with the honey/ maple syrup and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Mix until homogeneous. Spoon the sauce on top of the mango mousse.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
- Decorate with mango pieces or with candied citrus fruits.