Soft, decadent and tasty cookies with crispy Oreo pieces inside: these Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
are a dream come true! They combine two of our favourite desserts: cookies and cheesecake, in a very tasty way. The best is that they are also super easy to make!
Why is this recipe good
These cookies are quick and simple. They are not that beautiful but are so tasty! The recipe calls for just few easy to find ingredients. You don’t need special tools and techniques, it is all quick and easy. You can even make the recipe together with your kids! They will love these cookies: so soft and fluffy, with a lot of cream cheese inside. Like a hybrid between chocolate chip cookies and cheesecake.
What ingredients to choose
This recipe is made with cream cheese, Oreo cookies, butter, all purpose flour, sugar, vanilla extract and one egg. You may find plenty of 5-ingredient Oreo Cheesecake Cookies around internet, but I think the egg a very important addition to ensure a perfect final result. You know that majority of baked cheesecakes are made with eggs which improve the texture of the dessert.
Find the exact ingredient quantities below the post, in the printable recipe card.
Making these cookies is quite easy but it is even easier if you follow the tips below:
Make sure the cream cheese and the egg are at room temperature before adding them to the mixture. This will make it easier to mix the dough.
These are drop cookies as the dough is too soft to make balls out of it. Use two spoons to shape them and drop them into the pan easily.
Bake the cookies at the upper half of the oven, until their bottoms start becoming brown.
The Oreo Cheesecake Cookies can be served at room temperature or refrigerated. In my view they are best cold, just right from the fridge, like a real cheesecake. You can try both ways and decide how you prefer them.
I really hope you liked this recipe! If you enjoyed the post, please share the link in social media so that more people can benefit from it!
For more recipe tips and behind the scenes information, follow me on Instagram!
Here are some more Oreo desserts which you might like as well:
Ultimate Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- 6.2 oz/ 175 g cream cheese
- 12 oreos, roughly crushed
- 1/2 cup/ 120 g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup/ 130 g sugar
- 2 cups/ 240 g all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a bowl whisk together sugar and melted butter. Add the cream cheese and whisk again until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and whisk until absorbed.
- Gradually add the flour, stirring with a wooden spoon until combined. Add also the crushed Oreos and gently stir again to distribute them evenly in the dough.
- Cover the bowl and let the dough stay about 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C/ 350 degrees F. Line a large baking tin with parchment paper.
- Use two teaspoons to shape the cookies and drop them on the sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges become golden brown.
- These cookies are best refrigerated but can be consumed also at room temperature.