One of my favourite things during the fall months are apple desserts. Who doesn’t like a quick and easy sweet treat made of these wonderful and healthy fruits! This Apple Caramel Pudding is easy, quick and is made with mostly unrefined ingredients. The perfect weekend breakfast or warm and cozy afternoon snack for kids and adults!
What kind of recipe is this
This apple pudding contains nuts, coconut flour and lots of spices. It is very rich due to the butter and the milk which help the pudding to get a nice caramel sauce during the baking. This is one of the easiest recipes that you can prepare at home with just few apples.
Is this pudding healthy
Using coconut sugar instead of refined sugar makes this apple pudding a much better dessert choice from health perspective. Most of the ingredients in this pudding are unrefined, however the recipe calls for some all-purpose flour. If you want to substitute it, try with almond flour (for a gluten-free version) or whole grain spelt or einkorn flour: they are all excellent healthy choices.
- Making this Apple Caramel Pudding is almost as easy as a cobbler or a dump cake. However there are few tips to follow in order to have the best experience:
- The sauce on the top is meant to remain even after the pudding is baked. Therefore you need to make sure there is enough sauce still in the baking dish, before removing it from the oven. Don’t let all the sauce evaporate!
- This dessert is best consumed warm. You can heat the leftovers in a microwave or in the oven. Consider adding some milk or water on top, before reheating it to preserve the moisture.
- Store the pudding refrigerated for 2-3 days.
This is a very cozy and delicious recipe, a really tasty comfort food! I would be very happy if you let me know in the comments what you think about it. If you made it, please share how it went!
Here are few easy fruit desserts that I also recommend:
- Sour Cream Apple Crumb Cake
- Apple Dump Cake From Scratch
- Kids Friendly Apple Tiramisu
- Apple and Chocolate Marble Bundt Cake
Apple Caramel Pudding
- Preheat oven to 360º F/ 180º C. Grease well a 1L baking dish.
- In a bowl combine grated apple, 3/4 of the coconut sugar, half of the walnuts spices and vanilla. Whisk well with a rubber spatula. One by one add butter, egg and milk, stirring until combined.
- Gradually add coconut flour and all-purpose flour, carefully folding them in with the spatula, until absorbed.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top with a spatula.
- In a cup combine honey with the rest of the coconut sugar and boiling water. Mix with a spoon and then pour gently on top of the pudding, using the back of a spoon to have the sauce fall gently and evenly.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top is firm when tested with a toothpick. There should be still liquid sauce remaining in the dish!
- Serve with the rest of the walnuts sprinkled on top.
- You can substitute the all-purpose flour with almond flour for gluten-free dessert.
- Use whole grain spelt or einkorn flour instead of all-purpose flour to make the pudding refine-ingredient free.
- Keep the leftovers in the fridge for 2-3 days. Reheat in the oven or in the microwave before eating it.