This delicious Mascarpone Tart is not only very easy to make. It is one of the tastiest and most satisfying homemade desserts I have had recently! Crispy crust covered with creamy filling and garnished with seasonal fruits: this recipe celebrates the greatness of simplicity!
Why make this recipe
This tart is easy and very tasty. You may have thought that mascarpone is best in no-bake desserts but that is not entirely true. The baked mascarpone is a different, very satisfying experience.
This recipe is great to serve at dinner parties or just to make on a nice Sunday afternoon. It is also the best way to use mascarpone which has just passed its expiration date.
What ingredients you need
This recipe calls for simple everyday ingredients.
For the crust you need all-purpose flour, cold butter, some sugar and orange or lemon zest.
As for the filling, apart from mascarpone you would need eggs, confectioners sugar and vanilla…
Wait a minute, and what about the strawberries? They are a great addition but not indispensable for this wonderful tart. Some berries on the top will give a fresh taste and elegance to the dessert but it will be delicious even without them.
Find the complete ingredient list and detailed instructions below the post!
Making this tart is simple and consists of five easy steps:
- Prepare the crust: it is easier to make it in a food processor.
- Bake the crust. You need to use pie weights or just some beans as I did.
- Prepare the filling.
- Bake the crust with the filling inside.
- Refrigerate the tart for 4 hours or overnight.
Yes, you can bake the crust directly with the filling. However in that case its consistency won’t be very crispy.
You can use any berries you like for this tart. You can also leave it plain without fruits.
Yes. After you spread it inside the hot crust and arrange the fruits, return to the oven immediately.
Keep for 3-5 days in airtight container in the fridge.
Absolutely! You can freeze it for up to 3 months.
I really loved this tart and I hope you would like the recipe too! Please let me know in the comments if you made it.
Here are few more desserts with mascarpone that you may like:
- Peach Raspberry Tiramisu
- Cocoa Angel Food Cake with White Chocolate Frosting
- Apricot Tiramisu with Blueberries
- No bake Cherry Cheesecake
Baked Mascarpone Tart
For the crust:
- 2 ½ cups/ 300 g all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- ¾ cup/ 170 g butter, cold
- 2 teaspoon orange zest , or lemon zest
For the filling:
- 2 cups/ 500 g mascarpone
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup/ 120 g powdered sugar
- 4-6 large strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350º F/ 180º C.
- In a food processor combine butter, sugar, orange or lemon zest and flour. Process for about 1 minute, until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Alternatively use a potato masher in a bowl or just make crumbs with your hands.
- Transfer the dough to a 10 inch/ 24 cm tart pan. Press it to the bottom and the sides of the pan. It may still be a bit crumbly but that’s ok. If you find it easier, roll the dough and spread the sheet at the bottom and the sides of the pan.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on top of the crust. Spread pie weights or about 1 pound/ 500 g white beans on top of the paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the sides of the crust become light-golden.
- In a large mixing bowl beat with an electric mixer mascarpone, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add the eggs and beat for 15-20 seconds, until just combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl, if needed.
- Pour the filling into the crust. Arrange the sliced strawberries on top.
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until lightly golden dots start appearing on top of the filling.
- Let cool until room temperature and then cover with cling film. Refrigerate for about 4 hours or overnight.
- Store the tart about 3-5 days in airtight container in the fridge.
- Freeze it for up to 3 months, wrapped in cling film or portioned in airtight containers.
- You can use other berries instead of strawberries or just leave it plain.
- It is ok to pour the filling into the hot crust. Just make sure you are returning it to the oven right away.
- You can also make ahead the crust. Keep it wrapped in cling film for up to a week.