This post is sponsored by Dr. Oetker
The perfect Banana Cream Pie has a cookie crust, tasty pudding with fresh bananas in the middle and fluffy cream on top! And for even more satisfaction it is sprinkled with chocolate pieces.
In today’s post you will learn how to make the perfect Banana Cream Pie with Instant Pudding in a matter of minutes!
Why make this recipe
Banana Cream Pie is a popular American dessert, first mentioned in a 19th-century cookbook. Most often it is made with graham cracker crust or sometimes with baked one. It usually contains pudding, fresh bananas and is topped with lots of cool whip or whipped cream.
The current version is not only irresistible, but also very simple, easy and does not require any cooking or baking.
What ingredients you need
For this recipe you need few simple and easy to find ingredients: graham crackers or plain cookies, butter, bananas, whipped cream and instant pudding. You can use banana instant pudding as I did but vanilla pudding would work well too. For decoration, you can use some chopped chocolate.
Is this recipe easy
You need about 20 minutes to prepare this Banana Cream Pie. The most complicated part is to wait a few hours before serving it.
The preparation process starts with crushing the crackers into crumbs and mixing them with the butter to make the crust. On top of the crust you need to layer consecutively: the instant pudding whipped with milk, banana circles and at the end the whipped cream. Sprinkle the pie with chocolate chunks.
- Make sure the heavy cream has been chilled for at least 6 hours in the fridge before whipping it.
- You can use different types of crackers or cookies for this recipe: graham crackars, petit beurre, nilla wafers and even digestive biscuits. Any cookies ot crackers without coating would be good.
- In order to prevent the bananas from darkening quickly, cover them with the cream immediately after arranging them on top of the pudding.
How to serve
This dessert is best served with a spoon or spatula, because its consistency is very creamy. Therefore, it is also unlikely that you would be able to serve it in beautiful slices.
Garnish the portions with more bananas and chocolate and enjoy this creamy and decadent pie!
I would be glad if you share what you think of this recipe in the comments or in social media! If you liked it, you might also like the following banana desserts:
- Banana Coconut Overnight French Toast
- Chocolate Banana Mascarpone Cheesecake
- Easy Air Fryer Banana Bread
- Cream Cheese Banana Bread
Banana Pudding Pie
- Combine the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and mix well. Spread the resulting mixture at the bottom and the sides of a 9 inch or similar pie dish.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the instant pudding with the milk, following the package instructions. Pour the pudding on top of the crust and spread it around.
- Slice the bananas into circles and arrange them on top of the pudding.
- In another mixing bowl whip the cream with the powdered sugar until thick. Spread the cream on top of the bananas.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 4 hours or overnight. Before serving, sprinkle chocolate chunks on top.
- The instant pudding I used was creme Ole: one package requires 400 ml or 1 ⅔ cups milk. Depending on the brand you choose you may need 2 cups milk or less: check the pudding package instructions.
- If you don’t find banana instant pudding, vanilla would work well too.
- For the crust you can use graham cracker crumbs or any kind of plain cookies (without coating) or vanilla wafers
- Store the pie in the fridge for 2-3 days.