These Chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter cream cheese frosting are so tasty and irresistible! You would be surprised to find out how easy it is to make them! You can prepare them even if you never made cupcakes before. Read on to find the step by step recipe and tips how to make these wonderful cupcakes!
Is it complicated to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
These cupcakes are moist and delicious and also very easy to make from scratch. You can make them even if you are an absolute beginner in baking. The process of preparing the batter is really simple: no mixer is required, just a hand whisk and a bowl. It is literally adding the wet ingredients to the dry ones.
The peanut butter frosting is also quite easy. The only thing you need to ensure is the butter to be at room temperature. Only soft butter can be creamed well and blended together with the peanut butter and the cream cheese.
What ingredients do you need for the Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
You need few very simple ingredients for these cupcakes: eggs, brown sugar, cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda, yogurt, water and olive oil. You can substitute the olive oil with another vegetable oil but I always recommend it, being among the healthiest fats in the world. Instead of water you can also use coffee but only if the cupcakes are not going to be consumed by kids.
For the Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting you need just cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and softened butter.
How to make the Chocolate Cupcakes
It is extremely easy and you literally need one bowl! Just stir the dry ingredients, including the sugar, in a large mixing bowl. Little by little add the wet ingredients: eggs, olive oil, vanilla extract, yogurt, mixed with baking soda and at the end the water. Mix everything very well with a hand whisk. Distribute the batter into a muffin tin lined with paper cases. Bake the cupcakes for 15-20 minutes and let them cool until room temperature. They are SO easy!
How to make the Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
To make the frosting you would need to beat the cream cheese, softened butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add vanilla and gradually start adding the powdered sugar. Continue beating at high speed until creamy.
Frosting the cupcakes doesn’t need to be complicated too! If you are not feeling confident to pipe it, just use a spoon or a kitchen knife to cover each cupcake generously with frosting.
How long to keep the Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
The frosted cupcakes should be stored in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can also freeze them for up to three months. Thaw the frozen cupcakes in the fridge or at room temperature. Avoid thawing them in the microwave as the frosting will get melted.
Did you like this recipe? Let me know in the comments what you think about it. And if you liked it, please share the link in social media so others can benefit from it as well!
Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
For the cupcakes:
For the frosting:
- 2cups/ 240 g powdered sugar
- ½ cup/ 115 g butter
- 5,2oz/ 150 g cream cheese
- ⅔ cup/ 160 g peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/ 180 degrees C. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners. Line also another tin with 4-6 liners (depending on the cups size and shape).
- In a large mixing bowl combine all purpose flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar. Stir everything very well using a hand whisk. Add eggs, olive oil, vanilla extract and yogurt, mixed with the baking soda. Whisk until combined. Gradually add the water and whisk until smooth.
- Using a spoon or an ice cream scoop distribute the batter into the liners. Fill them about halfway.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a middle cupcake comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely, before frosting them, preferably on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together peanut butter, soft butter, vanilla and cream cheese with an electric mixer. Start with a lower speed and increase it gradually. Start adding powdered sugar, beating at a lower speed. When the sugar is absorbed, beat at high speed again, until smooth and creamy.
- Pipe the frosting on the cupcakes. Alternatively use a spoon or a kitchen knife to frost them.
- While the first batch cupcakes is in the oven, keep the rest of the batter in the fridge.
- If you decide to make mini cupcakes, bake them about 12-15 minutes.