You can make these insanely delicious and decadent chocolate tarts with just four ingredients! That’s the absolute dream come true! They are so easy, even your kids can prepare them!
Why is this recipe so good
This is one of the recipes that are so simple and with such a wonderful and delicious result that are almost unbelievable. Next time when you are throwing a dinner party or you want to make a tasty and elegant dessert, you don’t need to order expensive sweets from a pastry shop or work many hours to make a cake. These tarts can become your secret recipe for moments when you urgently need a scrumptious dessert.
What ingredients you need
You only need four ingredients for these tarts: Oreo cookies, butter, heavy cream and dark chocolate. You can use another kind of chocolate cookies as well, if you prefer. Optionally you can garnish them with sea salt and decorate with fresh strawberries or other berries: these ingredients would bring extra luxury but you can skip them without compromising the taste of the tarts.
In case you want to make these tarts vegan, you can use coconut cream instead of dairy heavy cream and coconut oil instead of butter. In this case you might double all ingredients as the coconut cream normally comes in 14 oz/ 400 ml cans, which is double the quantity of the dairy cream in the recipe. Oreo Cookies are vegan and so are most quality dark chocolates. Still it is recommended to check the package for any occasional non vegan additives.
These chocolate tarts are very easy. You can make them in two simple steps which will take you a maximum of 30 minutes before putting them in the fridge.
- First you need to make the crust by mixing melted butter with Oreo crumbs. Press the crust to the bottoms and the sides of mini tart tins.
- The filling is a simple chocolate ganache: to make it heat the cream to the point of simmering and then pour it in a bowl where you have placed the broken chocolate. Wait 5-10 minutes and start whisking until smooth. Let the ganache cool a bit and then pour it on top of the crust. Refrigerate, decorate and serve – it is so easy!
Can you make one big tart instead of mini tarts
Of course! Mini tarts are really nice as individual portions but if you own only a tart tin, you can make one tart instead. The ingredients quantities listed in the recipe correspond to a 7 inch tin. You can use this calculator to find out the quantities you would need for the size of the tin you own.
How long would these tarts last
These delicious tarts will last about 4-5 days in the fridge. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
I am sure you would love this recipe once you try it! It is so easy and simple to follow and the tarts are so tasty! If you make it, please let me know in the comments how it went!
Here are few more no bake chocolate recipes that you might like:
- No Bake Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Chocolate Banana Mascarpone Cheesecake
- Healthy Cookie Dough Bars
- Homemade Bounty Bars – Healthy, Keto, Vegan
4-Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Tarts
- 7,1 oz/ 200 g dark chocolate
- ⅞ cup / 200 ml heavy whipping cream
- 5,5 oz / 160 g oreo cookies, about 14 cookies
- 3 tbs / 40 g butter, melted
- fresh strawberries, optional
- sea salt, optional
- Crush the cookies to fine crumbs in a food processor or in a plastic bag, using a rolling pin. Add the melted butter and mix until well combined. Press the mixture to the bottom and the sides of 4 mini tart tins (about 4-5 inch diameter).
- Break the chocolate and place it in a heatproof bowl. Heat the cream to the point of simmering and then pour it over the chocolate. Wait about 10 minutes so that the chocolate melts and then start whisking, until the mixture becomes homogeneous. Pour the ganache on top of the crust. Refrigerate the tarts for 4-5 hours without covering them.
- Decorate with fresh fruit and sprinkle with sea salt before serving.
- The quantity of the chocolate can be increased with about 1 oz for a thicker ganache or decreased with the same quantity if you prefer the filling creamier and less solid.
- You can make a large tart instead of mini tarts. The listed ingredients would make a 7 inch/ 18 cm tart. If you have a different size tin, use this calculator to calculate the ingredients.
- To make a vegan tart use coconut cream instead of heavy cream, coconut oil instead of butter and make sure the chocolate is vegan.