The perfect raspberry bread is fluffy, moist and tasty and also easy to make. It has a sticky glaze with lemon flavour. Are you intrigued? I present you my super delicious and irresistible Raspberry Bread with Lemon White Chocolate Glaze!
Why is this recipe great
Who doesn’t love a delicious sweet bread full of raspberries? And what if I told you that such a fluffy and tasty bread can be ridiculously easy to make! That’s right, even if you don’t have any previous baking experience, this recipe won’t challenge you. Last but not least, you can make it at any time of the year as it calls for frozen raspberries.
What ingredients you need
You need few simple ingredients for this recipe:
- all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil: I prefer olive oil but canola or sunflower oils would work too
- sugar: I prefer light brown as it adds some chewiness
- sour cream
- baking powder
- raspberries: I prefer frozen as there is less chance to smash them during the mixing but you can use fresh ones too, as long as they are not too soft.
- white chocolate
- lemon juice
You will find the ingredient quantities below the post, in the recipe card.
You can make the batter in literally 10 minutes. All you have to do is to whisk the dry ingredients and to add gradually the wet ones. At the end add the raspberries to the batter and bake.
Making the glaze is very easy too: melt the chocolate together with the lemon juice, mix and pour on top of the bread.
Keep this bread 2-3 days in airtight container, ideally refrigerated. I would suggest you to reheat slightly the leftovers before serving: in a microwave or in the oven.
This bread also freezes very well, even with the glaze on. Wrap it very well in cling film before placing it in the freezer.
I love this bread with a glass of milk: dairy or plant based. It also goes very well with some fresh summer drink such as lemonade.
I hope you would like this recipe as much as we did! This Raspberry Bread is definitely worth a try. If you made it, please don’t forget to let me know how it went!
If you like raspberries, here are few more recipes you would probably love:
- Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Filling
- Raspberry Cheesecake Cake
- Four-layer Raspberry Chocolate cake
- Coconut Cake With Raspberry Frosting
Raspberry Bread with Lemon White Chocolate Glaze
For the raspberry bread:
- 2 cups/ 240 g all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup/ 60 m l olive oil or other vegetable oil
- 1 ¼ cups / 250 g light brown sugar, or caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup/ 240 g sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup/ 125 g raspberries, fresh or frozen
For the Lemon White Chocolate Glaze:
- ½ cup/ 80g/2,8 oz white chocolate chips, or white chocolate block
- juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat oven to 360º F/ 180º C. Grease a 8 x 4 inch loaf pan and line it with a sheet of parchment paper so that the two long sides are above the edges of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all-purpose flour, brown sugar and baking powder. Stir very well with a wooden spoon. Add the eggs and continue stirring. Add also the oil and the sour cream. Stir gently to make a thick batter. At the end carefully fold the raspberries into the batter.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and smooth it out on top. Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean or with just some raspberry juice. Make sure you test it in several places as the batter around the raspberries will take more time to bake.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes and then pour the glaze on top.
Lemon White Chocolate Glaze:
- Combine the chocolate and the lemon juice in a heatproof bowl. Place them on a double boiler. Stir with a rubber spatula until the chocolate is melted and the glaze is smooth.
- I recommend using frozen raspberries as the fresh ones might get broken during the mixing. If you use fresh fruits, make sure they are not too soft.
- Store this bread for 2-3 days in airtight container, preferably in the fridge.