This creamy No Bake Amaretto Cheesecake with white chocolate will impress you with its simplicity! Made with amaretti cookies crust and with wonderful almond flavor, it is the ultimate elegant no bake dessert.
What is amaretto cheesecake
Amaretto cheesecake is a tasty dessert with a distinctive flavor of almonds. Typically it is made with amaretto liquor and / or amaretti cookies, both of Italian origin. There are many Amaretto Cheesecake recipes you can find and this one is among the easiest, yet insanely delicious. I have included an option with liquor and also an alcohol free variation, in case you will serve the dessert to children.
This cheesecake is deliciously creamy, it is almost like a mousse. It has a wonderful nut flavour, mild sweetness and elegant look. It is the perfect dessert for any occasion!
What ingredients do you need for this No Bake Amaretto Cheesecake
For the crust you need just amaretti cookies and melted butter. The cookies are quite sweet so no extra sugar is required.
For the filling you would need: cream cheese, whipped cream, melted white chocolate, crushed amaretto cookies, amaretto liquor or almond extract and optionally some powdered sugar. The reason why powdered sugar is optional is because the crust is quite sweet and the white chocolate gives pretty much sweetness to the filling. But if you prefer your desserts on the sweeter side, you might want to add a tablespoon of powdered sugar as well.
The white chocolate is used not only to add sweetness and flavor but also to make the filling firm. It is used instead of gelatin in this recipe. The result is richer and creamier texture.
How to make this No Bake Amaretto Cheesecake
It is very easy to make this cheesecake! For the crust you just need to crush the cookies and mix them with the melted butter. Then press the mixture to the bottom of a spring form pan.
The filling is also very easy: you just need to beat together the whipping cream and the cream cheese with the amaretto liquor (or almond extract). When the mixture becomes thick, little by little add the melted chocolate while beating with the mixer at a lower speed. When all the chocolate is absorbed and the filling is smooth, pour it on top of the crust. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
How to decorate this Amaretto Cheesecake
There are several decoration options for this amazing dessert. I used amaretti cookies and white chocolate shaves. Other options would be to pipe some whipped cream on top, to sprinkle almond flakes or chopped almonds.
This is an amazing Italian Style recipe that everyone can make! If you are not sure where to find amaretti cookies, you can prepare them on your own. They are great to eat them just plain! I selected few recipes from different websites that I really like:
And if you need some more recipes featuring almonds, check the ones below:
Did you like this recipe? Feel free to share it in social media so other people can benefit from it as well!
No Bake Amaretto Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 5,3 oz/ 150 g amaretti cookies*
- 1/4 cup / 65 g butter, melted
For the filling:
- amaretti cookies
- white chocolate shaves
For the crust:
- Crush the cookies to fine crumbs using a food processor.
- Place the crumbs and the melted butter in a bowl. Stir very well until combined.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom of a 7 inch/ 18 cm springform pan lined with a circle of parchment paper. Leave the pan in the fridge while preparing the filling.
For the filling:
- In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, whipping cream, vanilla extract, amaretto or almond extract and powdered sugar (if using). Beat with an electric mixer first at a lower speed and then at high speed until the mixture becomes thick and fluffy.
- Start adding from the melted chocolate, 1-2 tbs at a time, while beating with the mixer at the lowest speed. When all the chocolate is absorbed, beat 15-20 seconds at high speed.
- Using a rubber spatula fold the cookie crumbs into the filling.
- Pour the filling into the crust. Smoothe the top with a spatula. Cover with cling film/ aluminium foil and let cool for 8 hours or overnight.
- Decorate with amaretti cookies and white chocolate, thinly cut into shaves with a large knife.
- Use a wet knife to slice the cheesecake as it will be very creamy.
- I used the crunchy kind of amaretti cookies for this recipe. There is also a soft kind which would probably work as well but I haven’t tested the recipe with it.
- Make sure the whipping cream has been cooled for at least 6-8 hours on the top rack of the fridge.
- If the cheesecake will not be consumed by kids, you can add 2 tbs amaretto liquor instead of the almond extract.