Panna Cotta is a dessert that nobody can resist. This wonderful recipe combines two wonderful flavours: lemon and blueberry. It is creamy, tasty and with fruity tastes.
Why is this dessert good
To be very honest, before trying panna cotta for the first time I thought I would not like it. That was because I am not a fan of most desserts containing gelatine. As much as I love cakes, frosting and creamy desserts, I dislike jelly. Panna Cotta, indeed, is a different story. It is creamy and nicely sweet. It is wonderful and nothing to do with jelly! It is a very easy dessert to make.
This particular recipe is really good as it has a citrus freshness and a delicious blueberry topping. The honey taste is also quite nice as it goes perfectly well with the lemons. This is the perfect dessert for the moments when you need a fresh and light fruity dessert and don’t have much time to make it.
This Honey Lemon Panna Cotta with Blueberry Jam is just great with its simplicity and wonderful fresh taste. It is very easy to prepare but it is still a dessert worthy of serving even at special dinners and celebrations. It is so delicious that you would not leave it even if you are already full. And you need only 6 ingredients to make it!
Lemon and honey is a well known wonderful taste combination. Same goes for lemon and blueberry. The Honey Lemon Panna Cotta with Blueberry Jam is a marriage of delicate tastes which will please your palate! And the best thing is that you need just half an hour to prepare it: the rest is done in the fridge.
Tips for preparing this recipe
- Do not add too much gelatine, otherwise your panna cotta is going to become hard, which would ruin it.
- Do not overdo with sugar. The taste of the good panna cotta is light and velvety but a huge amount of sugar in the cream will simply spoil it. You can add a bit more sugar to its sauce or garnish but not to the cream. Keep it moderate!
Let me know in the comments what you think of this recipe. If you made it, please share your experience!
You may want to check out also some of my other lemon and blueberry recipes:
Honey Lemon Panna Cotta with Blueberry Jam
- Sprinkle the gelatine over the water and let it stay for 5-10 minutes.
- In a heatproof bowl combine cream, milk, honey and lemon zest. Place the bowl over a pan of gently shimmering water. Whisk the mixture until the honey is completely dissolved: it should be very warm but not boiling. Add the bloomed gelatine and whisk until dissolved.
- Pour the panna cotta into small jars or glasses, filling them about 2/3 full. Cover with lids or plastic wrap. Let cool in the fridge for 2-3 hours or until firm. Before serving top with blueberry jam.