If you want to try a particularly moist and delicious cake, this Zucchini Carrot Cake Recipe is the right for you. The white chocolate glaze makes it even more impressive!
What is special about this cake
Its texture is unbelievably moist, which makes it a real pleasure for the palate. This is due to the two vegetables, included in the batter. They are keeping the moisture and contributing for the lightness of the cake. The glaze is also going really well with the rest of the cake, bringing additional sweetness.
What ingredients do you need for this recipe
Here is a list of the ingredients you need. Below the post in the recipe card you will find the required quantities:
Butter + olive oil: a combination that ensures both moisture and excellent taste
Spelt Flour + All Purpose flour
White Chocolate for the glaze
This is a straight forward recipe, which doesn’t require too much time and efforts.
First you need to cream the butter and the sugar together. Then you need to add the eggs, vanilla and the yogurt and mix until smooth. Mix in the grated carrots and zucchini and add the dry ingredients at the end: flour and baking soda. Mix until combined, transfer to the pan and bake.
Check out the detailed steps below the post!
Can you make muffins from this batter
The batter for this cake is simple but quite versatile so you can use it for many types of cakes: muffins, loaf cake, even sheet cake with cream cheese frosting. You can definitely experiment with this Zucchini Carrot Cake Recipe and come up with a different format, if you wish.
How long will this cake last
You can keep this cake in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Make sure it is refrigerated! If you want to store it for a month, you can freeze it.
Let me know in the comments what you think of the Zucchini Carrot Cake cake! I would be really glad to receive your feedback.
And if you want to try other interesting bundt cakes, check out the selection below:
Zucchini Carrot Cake Recipe
- Bundt Pan
For the Cake:
- 1/4 cup butter, soft/ 60 g
- 2,5 tbs olive oil, 40 ml
- 3/4 cups brown sugar, 150 g
- 1/2 cup spelt flour, 50 g
- 1 1/5 cups all purpose flour, 150 g
- 2/3 cups yogurt, 150 g
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
For the Glaze:
- 4 oz white chocolate, 100 g
- 2 tbs water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F / 180 degrees Grease and flour very well a 8 inch bundt cake pan.*
- In a medium bowl combine the two kinds of flour with the baking soda.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Scrape out any mixture stuck on the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is mixed very well. Add yogurt and beat shortly until absorbed.
- Switch off the mixer and add the grated vegetables. Mix gently with a rubber spatula until evenly distributed in the batter. At the end fold in the dry ingredients.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Gently run a butter knife around the edges before inverting the cake. Pour the glaze on top just before serving.
- Store for 3-4 days in the airtight container in the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate with the water in a double boiler (in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water).