This Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Cheesecake Filling and White Chocolate Glaze is a decadent and delicious dessert that will bring joy to your day! It is a great cake with fancy look and rich taste!
It is hard to believe but until few weeks ago I didn’t own a bundt pan! This is an almost shocking fact because bundt cake was the first thing I ever learned to bake and it was my comfort dessert for a long time. But as I remember now, I always baked bundt cakes at my friends’ homes or at my parents’ house, where I was using my mom’s pans. Than at one stage I just forgot about bundt cakes, as I was trying to learn other pastry techniques. At the end, looks like I haven’t baked a bundt cake for nearly 10 years!!!
When I realised this truth I suddenly felt the need to purchase a bundt pan and start using it. But surprisingly, I couldn’t find such in the nearby stores! I found few in some online shops but I decided not to take the risk to buy them: I wasn’t able to understand well from the pictures how they looked and also the delivery fees were almost equal to the prices of the pans…
Eventually, after searching for more than a week (well, I was not searching very seriously but in fact I had expected to find bundt pans everywhere – which was not the case), I went to a big supermarket and bought the only kind available there. It was bigger than I wanted it and it costed more than the price + the delivery fee of the ones I had found online. But it was just a very ordinary bundt pan – exactly what I was looking for – so I bought it.
My better half was not pleased to see me coming home with a new pan. But he didn’t make a big deal of it: he had seen much worse than that and he knows that a new bundt pan hanging around the house is just a piece of cake (he still can’t put up with my enormous photography board and reflectors which I keep between the washing machine and the wall, as there is no other space in the house they could fit in).
A week after buying the pan I decided to prepare my first bundt cake of the decade. And it couldn’t be just a regular bundt cake, it had to be a special one. I got inspired by this recipe but I didn’t want to make a chocolate cake (I guess I had eaten too much chocolate recently). Then I remembered that I had half jar of peanut butter staying in my pantry for a long time, so I decided to use it. I also thought that some sweet and sour jam would be a very good addition to the cheesecake filling and it would complement well the peanut butter.
So I baked the cake as per my plan. When it was ready it looked so good that I couldn’t stop staring at it! But somehow it seemed a bit incomplete without anything on top, so I decided to cover it with a white chocolate glaze. That was an excellent idea: the glaze was a great finish for this wonderful Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Cheesecake Filling.
If you like peanut butter you will certainly love this cake! The cheesecake filling is one of the nicest surprises you can have in a cake! This recipe is certainly a new favourite of mine!
Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Cheesecake Filling and White Chocolate Glaze
For the cake batter:
- 200 g sugar
- 200 g cake flour
- 2 large eggs
- 180 g plain yogurt
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 100 g peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the cheesecake filling:
- 350 g cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 70 g powdered sugar
- 100 g morello cherry jam (or any other jam)
For the white chocolate glaze:
- 100 g white chocolate
- 2 tbs milk
- 20 g butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Using a kitchen brush grease and flower very well a 25 cm /10 inch bundt pan (I mixed 1/2 tbs flour with oil in a small cup until it formed a semi-liquid substance, then very thoroughly brushed the pan with it).
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir gently to blend the ingredients and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together oil, peanut butter and sugar for about 5 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, while beating with the mixer on high speed. Add in the yogurt and mix on lower speed until combined. Using a rubber spatula carefully fold in the dry ingredients until absorbed in the batter.
- In a bowl beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar until light and creamy. Add jam and egg, then beat on a lower speed until they are absorbed in the batter.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared pan. Using a spoon carefully spread on top the cream cheese filling. Spread evenly the rest of the batter over cream cheese.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean (you ned to test in several spots to make sure the cake is completely baked).
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool almost to room temperature before removing it from the pan.
White Chocolate Glaze:
- In a heatproof bowl combine all ingredients (break the chocolate into pieces). Place the bowl on top of a pan with simmering water. Whisk continuously until the chocolate and the butter are melted and the mixture becomes homogeneous.
- Pour the hot glaze over the cooled cake.
- Serve immediately or after refrigerating. Store the cake in an airtight container in the fridge.