This Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Cheesecake Filling and White Chocolate Glaze is a decadent and delicious dessert that will bring joy to your day! It is a great cake with fancy look and rich taste!
What kind of cake is that
This is not just a random bundt cake. It is a cheesecake filled bundt cake with peanut butter in the dough. It is topped with delicious while chocolate glaze. It is incredibly rich and tasty, a combination of wonderful flavours.
How did I come up with the recipe
My inspiration came from Sally’s Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake but I didn’t want to make it with chocolate. Then I remembered that I had half jar of peanut butter staying in my pantry for a long time, so I decided to use it. I also thought that some sweet and sour jam would be a very good addition to the cheesecake filling and it would complement well the peanut butter.
Is this recipe easy
This cake is not hard to make but you need to follow the recipe steps. It requires a bit of time to make but is totally worth it!
Basically you need to make separately the batter and the cheesecake filling. Then pour half of the batter into the bundt pan and spread the cheesecake filling, so it doesn’t touch the sides. Cover with the batter and bake.
Cover the cake with the glaze after it has been removed from the pan.
- I would say that most important part of making a bundt cake is greasing it. My favourite way to grease well a bundt pan is to pour some oil (or cooking spray) inside and add ½ tablespoon flour. Using a kitchen brush, I spread both ingredients very well all around the pan. If needed, you can add more of one or the other, just make sure the bundt pan is really covered well.
- As for all cake recipes, this one would also benefit from sifting your flour. If you sift it together with the baking powder, you would make sure both are blended perfectly together and your cake would raise wonderfully during baking.
- Make sure your cake is baked well, before removing it from the oven. Use a toothpick to test several spots. The cheesecake filling makes baking a bit trickier as the batter around it takes longer time to bake. If you see only cheesecake crumbs on the tester and not liquid parts, your cake is done.
If you like peanut butter you will certainly love this cake! The cheesecake filling is one of the nicest surprises you can have in a cake!
Here are few more nice recipes using peanut butter:
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Strawberry Jam Cake
- Peanut Butter Yogurt Parfait with Mini Pretzels
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Cheesecake Filling
For the cake batter:
- 1 cup/ 200 g sugar
- 1 ⅔ cups/ 200 g cake flour, or all-purpose
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup/ 180 g plain yogurt
- ¼ cup/ 50 ml olive oil, or other vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon/ 100 g peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the cheesecake filling:
- 12,3 oz/ 350 g cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup/ 70 g powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup/ 80 g morello cherry jam, (or any other jam)
For the white chocolate glaze:
- 3,5 oz/ 100 g white chocolate
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 heaping tablespoon /20 g butter
- Preheat oven to 350° F/ 180° C. Using a kitchen brush grease and flower very well a 25 cm /10 inch bundt pan (I mixed ½ tbs flour with oil in a small cup until it formed a semi-liquid substance, then thoroughly brushed the pan with it).
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir gently to blend the ingredients, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together oil, peanut butter and sugar for about 5 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, while beating with the mixer at high speed. Add in the yogurt and mix at a lower speed, until combined. Using a rubber spatula carefully fold in the dry ingredients, until absorbed in the batter.
- In a bowl beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar until light and creamy. Add jam and egg, then beat at a lower speed until just combined.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared pan. Using a spoon carefully spread on top the cream cheese filling. Avoid touching the sides of the pan. Spread evenly the rest of the batter over the cheesecake filling.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean (you ned to test in several spots to make sure the cake is completely baked).
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool almost to room temperature before removing it from the pan.
White Chocolate Glaze:
- In a heatproof bowl combine all ingredients (break the chocolate into pieces). Place the bowl on top of a pan with lightly simmering water (double boiler). Whisk continuously until the chocolate and the butter are melted and the mixture becomes smooth.
- Pour the hot glaze over the cooled cake.
- Serve immediately or after refrigerating.
- Store the cake for 2-3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Inspired by Sally's Baking Addiction