This easy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies recipe is among the most successful and tasty cookie recipes I have tried. And that is not surprising: these soft and chewy cookies are a fantastic combination between pumpkin spices and wonderful dark chocolate. And they are so easy to make!
The baking season is on and I am in a hurry to present you this delicious recipe. I am sure you will love these cookies because they are just great. What exactly to I mean by great?
Soft and chewy
With delicious chocolate chunks
Healthier than most cookie recipes
Contain little sugar
Easy to make
What ingredients do you need
- You need just few very easy to find ingredients:
- Dark brown sugar
- Pumpkin puree
- Baking powder
- Einkorn flour
- All purpose flour
- Spices: you can use just cinnamon, nutmeg and turmeric or homemade pumpkin spices
- Vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate block (or chocolate chips)
Regarding the chocolate, I advise you to use a whole chocolate block instead of chocolate chips. Cut it in small pieces with a big sharp knife. This will give the cookies much more chocolate flavour than if you use chocolate chips. When you cut the chocolate block inevitably you will break also tiny pieces from it. When mixed with the rest of the ingredients the whole dough will smell of chocolate. Consider also all the spices and imagine how these cookies would become a real flavour bomb.
Generally pumpkin cookies are made with pumpkin puree and spices. These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies are very easy. Their preparation is very similar to any other chocolate chip cookie recipe.
First you need to mix together the melted butter, pumpkin puree and brown sugar. Then add the egg and vanilla. When the mixture is smooth, gradually add the dry ingredients: einkorn flour, all purpose flour, baking powder and pumpkin spices. At the end add the chocolate chunks (or chips). As in many other similar recipes, you need to refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes before shaping the cookies and baking them.
Check out the full recipe and the ingredient quantities below the post!
And that’s it: with little efforts you will make fantastic batch of pumpkin cookies with dark chocolate chunks inside. You can share them with your loved ones or you can even hide them and eat them all, little by little. They would last for sure more than a week in an airtight container.
Like this recipe? Please share it so that more people can enjoy it! And if you made it, let me know in the comments how it went!
Chocolate chip pumpkin cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, 70 g
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree, 150 g
- 4,5 oz dark chocolate, or chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup einkorn flour, 160 g
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbs all purpose flour, 70 g
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, 100 g
- 1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- In a bowl combine einkorn flour, all purpose flour, spices and baking powder.
- Melt the butter on a double boiler (in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water).
- Using a big sharp knife cut the chocolate into chunks (as big as large chocolate chips).
- In a bowl combine butter, brown sugar and pumpkin puree. Mix very well with a hand whisk. Add egg and vanilla and whisk again until smooth. Gently fold in the dry ingredients using a wooden spoon, until absorbed. At the end add also the chocolate chunks. Mix gently until absorbed.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F / 180 degrees C. Line two large baking tins with parchment paper.
- Make balls out of the dough and arrange them on the sheet not too close one next to another.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges start browning. Let them cool on a wire rack or on top of the baking sheet.
- Store in an airtight container for about 1 week. You can also freeze the cookies for up to 3 months.