These Coconut Peanut Butter Truffles are very easy to make and contain only 5 ingredients. They are among the best homemade food gifts that you could make for any person who loves candy and sweets.
It is always good to keep in your archives few recipes for quick, easy and delicious desserts. The kind of recipes that will save your time and your piece of mind in moments when you have to prepare something sweet and delicious in a short time. I can’t even count how many times I have been in (or actually put myself into) situations when I had to deliver a nice and tasty dessert very fast: occasions like parties, celebrations or visits to friends which I haven’t seen for some time… Very often I have been really stressed out by not being sure what exactly to make so that everyone would be satisfied. Sounds familiar? Well the good news is that today I will give you a recipe that you can keep as one of your fast and great solutions for urgent cases. It’s easy, quick and the most important is that it can’t go wrong.
At one stage during my cooking and baking experiments I realised that homemade truffles are among the best desserts ever. They are normally not very time consuming but majority of them are very, very tasty. There are thousands of truffles recipes in the world and this is so good: truffles can be made literally out of everything. I love experimenting with different products and most of the times I have had fantastic results.
One more good point about the homemade truffles is that they are very easy to store, majority of them last long and they are easy to transport. This makes them a perfect gift, especially if presented in a nice jar.
These particular Coconut Peanut Butter truffles have one additional advantage: they contain only 5 ingredients. This makes their preparation even simpler and their recipe easy to remember.
Last but not least: coconut and peanut butter are a great combination and the two kinds of chocolate (white and dark) give them an additional taste boost…. Well, I am sure that if you make these truffles you would find even more reasons to love them.
Coconut Peanut Butter Truffles
- In a medium bowl combine 5 tbs shredded coconut (about 50 g), peanut butter and milk. Mix until well combined.
- Break in pieces both kinds of chocolate and melt them together in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. When only few small pieces remain solid, remove the bowl from the heat and stir until all the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the coconut mixture to the melted chocolate and whisk quickly until homogeneous. Transfer the truffle mixture to the freezer for 15 minutes to harden.
- With your hands make small balls and roll them into the remaining shredded coconut. Let the prepared truffles stay in the fridge for 2-3 hours before serving them.
- Store the truffles in an airtight container the fridge for about 2 weeks.