Classic baked cheesecake is among the best desserts on earth! But finding a good recipe might be challenging. This wonderful Orange Chocolate Cheesecake is easy, simple and really delicious!
Why you would love this cheesecake
If you are a fan of the classic cheesecakes, you shouldn’t miss that one. A perfect combination of cocoa crust, delicious orange filling and dark chocolate glaze. Its filling has a mild taste of orange, while the crust and the glaze are heaven for all chocolate lovers. This dessert is a pleasant harmony between beautiful tastes. I was totally mesmerised when I finally tried it.
What ingredients to use
What makes this cheesecake so special? It is simple and delicious. The crust is a combination of graham crackers (or plain cookies) with cocoa, melted butter and just a bit of sugar.
The filling is made of cream cheese and eggs with some powdered sugar plus orange and vanilla flavours. Just a bit of cornstarch is added for thickening and that’s all. The combination of ingredients makes its consistency very soft and velvety.
As for the glaze, just make sure you use the best quality chocolate for a perfect taste!
This Orange Chocolate Cheesecake does not require water bath. It just needs to be baked in the oven for a bit more than an hour at 320ºF/ 160ºC.
Tips for perfect flavour
The orange flavour is very subtile, almost just a hint. It goes really well with the chocolate glaze and the crust! I don’t like very much orange desserts with too strong taste but if you prefer more flavour, you can double the quantity of the zest or add some orange extract.
Everything is simple in this cheesecake, even the glaze. It is made of melted dark chocolate mixed with a bit of milk – no complicated products and techniques. No fuss. Just a tasty dessert made with love for everyone who would share your table!
As usual, I would love to receive your feedback about this recipe, if you made it. Please share in the comments or tag me in Instagram.
Here are few more recipes with orange flavour that you might love:
Orange Cheesecake with Chocolate Glaze
For the crust:
- 8 sheets /120 g graham crackers, or plain cookies
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- ⅓ cup/ 85 g butter, melted
For the filling:
For the Glaze:
- 3,5 oz/ 100 g dark chocolate
- 2 ½ tbsp/ 40 ml milk
- Grease a 18 cm (7 inch) spring form pan and line it with a circle of baking paper. Cut two large rectangular sheets of the baking paper and line the sides as well. Wrap the bottom of the pan in two big pieces of aluminium foil - this is required as during the baking the butter of the crust might melt and leak out of the pan.
- Crush the cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor or in a plastic bag with a rolling pin.
- In a bowl combine cookie crumbs, cocoa powder, sugar and melted butter. Mix until all ingredients are combined. Press the crust into the bottom of the prepared pan. Place the pan in the freezer while preparing the filling.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C (320 degrees F)
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy. Add eggs and beat until smooth. Add starch, orange juice, zest and vanilla extract and beat shortly, until combined.
- Pour the filling into the crust. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until the centre of the filling is set and the edges of the cheesecake start getting golden brown. Switch off the oven, open it halfway and let the cheesecake cool for 30 minutes inside. Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. Cover with cling film or aluminium foil and refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- Cover with the glaze before serving.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water (double boiler). Add milk and stir until combined.
- Pour the glaze over the cheesecake. Spread evenly with a spoon or a metal spatula.
- Decorate the cheesecake with candied or chocolate covered orange peels.
- Make sure you use high quality chocolate for the glaze
- If you don't have organic oranges, you can use orange extract instead of zest.