Tasty and refreshing, these Soft Lemon White Chocolate Cookies are just great! They are certainly among the best and the easiest cookie recipes you can find!
It’s Cookie Time! December is the month of the year when almost everyone bakes cookies. In the past I wasn’t a big cookie fan but recently this have changed. Cookies don’t have to be boring: the best kinds of them are among the best desserts in the world! A good cookie recipe is priceless: in a short time you can prepare a delicious treat that will delight everyone around!
I realised that recently I might be a bit obsessed with lemons after baking several desserts with them this year. Lemon Panna Cotta, Lemon Tart and Lemon Cake are just few of them. Eventually I decided that right before Christmas I will also bake Lemon Cookies. And not just with lemon but also with white chocolate. The combination turned out great! I don’t like very much lemons and dark chocolate together but the white chocolate is like a best friend of the citrus fruits!
Apart from very delicious these cookies are also very quick and easy. They don’t need any special preparations and elaboration. The whole process is just mixing quickly the ingredients in a bowl with a hand whisk, refrigerating and then baking. The result is fantastic soft cookies for the whole family. I even managed to bring some to my office and they disappeared in no time.
These cookies can be prepared with white chocolate chips or with white chocolate block broken into pieces. I chose the second option because I didn’t find chocolate chips in the shops around me. It is very easy to break the white chocolate with a large knife, therefore the chocolate chips are really not mandatory.
The Soft Lemon White Chocolate Cookies are great for your Christmas baking as the recipe is really straightforward. But they are convenient to bake in all seasons due to the tasty freshness of the lemon flavour. You can enjoy them equally when it is snowing outside and when it is hot… Believe me, your morning or afternoon coffee will be taken to another level when you try these cookies!
Soft Lemon White Chocolate Cookies
- 150 g white chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 125 g butter
- 1 large egg
- 250 g all purpose flour
- 150 g sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- zest of 1 organic lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl combine flour, salt and baking powder.
- Place the butter in a small bowl over a pan of simmering water. Whisk until almost melted. Remove from heat and whisk until melted completely.
- Transfer the butter to a large bowl. Add sugar and whisk shortly with a hand whisk. Add egg, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon extract and whisk until combined. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing gently with a wooden spoon until just absorbed. Add the white chocolate pieces and mix shortly to distribute them around the dough.
- Leave the dough in the bowl and cover with cling film. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F). Place the oven shelf on the top position in the oven.
- Line 2 large baking tins with parchment paper.
- With your hands make balls out of the dough and arrange them on the prepared tin. Leave a reasonable distance between the cookies, depending on their size.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies start to get brown on the edges.
- Let them cool on the tin for 5-10 minutes (they will be too soft and fragile when hot).
- Transfer with a spatula to a wire rack to cool completely.