Blondies are the opposite of Brownies. Or in other words: brownies without the cocoa. Sounds boring? I wouldn’t say so. These Walnut and Chocolate Chip Blondies will give you the brownie perfection beyond the chocolate!
Why make this recipe
These blondies are one of the easiest and yet tastiest desserts you can make at home. The whole preparation takes less then an hour and you can eat them right away: how cool is that!
The chocolate chips and the walnuts inside the blondies add some wonderful texture that makes every bite so irresistible.
Making these blondies is literally a piece of cake and not a challenge even for a novice baker. They are literally a one bowl dessert, easier even than cookies!
You need to start by whisking the butter and the sugar and gradually add the rest of the ingredients: eggs, vanilla extract, dry ingredients and finally: walnuts and chocolate chips.
Find the complete recipe with detailed instructions below the post, in the recipe card!
Taste and texture
These blondies are pleasantly chewy. The added walnuts and chocolate chips make them even more interesting in terms of taste and texture. They are buttery and very delicious!
If you made this recipe, please let me know in the comments how it went!
Here is a selection of similar recipes that you may also like:
Chocolate Chip Walnut Blondies
- ½ cup/ 130 g butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup/ 200 g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp/ 150 g all purpose flour
- ¼ cup/ 30 g walnuts, finely chopped
- ¼ cup/ 40 g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F/ 180° C. Grease well and flour a small baking pan (9 x 7 inch / 23/ 20 cm or similar)
- In a mixing bowl whisk together melted butter and brown sugar until blended. Add eggs and vanilla extract and continue whisking until smooth.
- In a small bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt and stir. Using a rubber spatula gently fold in the mixture into the batter.
- At the end fold also the walnuts and the chocolate chips into the blondie mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the center is set and the edges start to become golden brown. Let cool for ½ hour before cutting into bars and serving.