Dump Cake is probably the easies dessert in the world! And it surely can be very delicious, especially if you skip the store bought cake mix. Here is a recipe for a wonderful Apple Dump Cake, made completely from scratch, that your whole family will appreciate.
The secrets of a delicious Dump Cake
Preparing Dump Cake from Scratch is not complicated, as you might think. Making the cake mix by yourself is really easy and it will guarantee you a better taste and less unhealthy products in your dessert. Not using a store bought cake mix is actually the first secret of a delicious Dump Cake.
The second secret is: don’t literally “dump” all the ingredients in the pan, otherwise you might end up with sections of dry flour in your cake. You need to cover the fruit completely with the dry ingredients (mixed in advance) and smoothen them on top.
The third step for success of your Dump Cake is to distribute evenly the butter, cut into pieces. This will guarantee you a perfect crust, without holes.
How to make Apple Dump cake
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Peel and cut the apples
- Grease the pan where you will bake the cake
- Dump the apples and mix them with some sugar
- Cover the fruit with the dry ingredients and smoothen the top with a spoon
- Arrange the butter, cut into pieces, over the dry ingredients
That’s all: really simple and the whole preparation takes about 15 minutes. You can serve the dump cake immediately after baking it. It is great to eat it as it is, but could be even better with a scoop of ice cream.
Next time when you need a quick dessert for your family, you can prepare a delicious Apple Dump Cake From Scratch. It is very quick and easy and most probably you have all the ingredients already in your pantry!
If you need more apple desserts for inspiration, here are some you might like:
Apple Dump Cake From Scratch
- 4 medium apples
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour (200 g)
- 1,5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup caster sugar (100 g)
- 2 tbs brown sugar (40 g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 1/2 cup butter (115 g)
- Grease well a rectangular baking pan (about 1,5 litre capacity).
- In a bowl combine flour, caster sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Peel and chop the apples into bite sized pieces. Place apples and brown sugar in the pan and mix well with a spoon.
- Cover the apples with the dry mixture and smoothen very well the top with a spoon, so that all apples are covered evenly.
- Slice the butter thinly and arrange the slices close one to another on top of the dry ingredients.
- Bake for about 30 minutes on 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) or until a golden brown crust is formed. Serve immediately.
- Keep leftovers in airtight container in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave before serving.