This incredibly delicious cake with coffee and cinnamon will awaken your senses! It is great for both dessert and breakfast because it contains mainly healthy ingredients!
About the coffee
I had the opportunity to test the coffee machine Styline by BOSCH. The flavor and the taste of the coffee prepared in Styline is a real pleasure, whether you love your morning drink strong or not so much and whether you want to make 1 or 10 cups. Perfect coffee not only for drinking but also for making desserts!
What I liked about BOSCH’s Styline coffee machine
Apart from the taste of the coffee made with it (and isn’t that the main thing?) I was very impressed by the timer function. It is so great to enter into the kitchen in the morning and find hot, freshly brewed coffee!
Besides, this machine is so easy to work with that I almost didn’t need to look at the instructions.
What ingredients you need for this recipe
For the cake recipe you need simple and easy to find ingredients:
- coconut sugar
- all purpose flour
- whole grain spelt flour
- coconut oil
- baking soda
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
- cocoa powder
For the glaze you need:
Is this recipe healthy
This recipe contains mainly healthy ingredients so it is much better for you than most standard cake recipes. However it contains concentrated carbohydrates which means that it is not recommended to indulge with it at high quantities.
To make this cake you don’t even need a mixer, just a whisk and a rubber spatula.
Start by whisking together the melted coconut oil and the coconut sugar. Add the eggs and then the rest of the wet ingredients. At the end add also the dry ingredients.
After baking the cake for 30 minutes at 360 degrees F/ 180 degrees C, let it cool completely before removing it from the pan. Pour the hot glaze on top.
The most important part of this recipe is to not allow any lumps to remain undissolved in the batter. Add the dry ingredients gradually and fold them gently with the spatula.
Other than that make sure that the pan is perfectly greased and flowered before pouring the batter inside. That is crucial for removing it easy without breaking it.
I am sure you will love this dessert as much as we did! If you tried it please let me know in the comments how it went!
Here are few more recipes using coffee that you can try as well:
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe (With Variations)
- Peach Raspberry Tiramisu
- Easy double chocolate cake
- Tiramisu Macarons with Marsala Filling
Cinnamon Coffee Bundt Cake
For the cake:
- ½ cup / 120 ml coffee
- ⅓ cup/ 80 ml whole milk
- 1 cup/ 200 g coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup/ 120 g all purpose flour
- 1 cup/ 120 g whole grain spelt flour
- ⅓ cup/ 80 ml coconut oil, soft or melted
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the chocolate coffee glaze:
- 1 cup/ 80 g chocolate, dark or milk
- 3 tablespoon coffee
- Preheat oven to 360º F/ 180º C. Grease and flour very well a small bundt pan using a kitchen brush.
- In a bowl combine all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder. Mix and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the coconut oil and the coconut sugar until combined. Add the eggs and whisk until smooth. Pour the milk and the coffee and mix again.
- Gradually add the all purpose flour mixture, folding it gently with a spatula. Add also the spelt flour. Mix gently with the spatula until no crumbs remain. You can also use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
Cocoa cinnamon swirl:
- Pour about ¼ of the mixture into a small bowl. Add the cinnamon and the cocoa powder and the milk. Mix until smooth.
- Pour about half of the cake batter into the prepared pan. Spread on top the cinnamon cocoa swirl. Cover with the rest of the batter.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake cracks comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool until room temperature before inverting it.
Chocolate coffee glaze:
- Melt the chocolate on a double boiler and add the coffee. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the hot mixture on top of the cake. Serve right away.