Imagine a cake that is not only super delicious, decadent and full of chocolate but also healthy, made without flour and keto friendly! This Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake is great.
In this detailed recipe you will find different options to suit your own preferences. You can enjoy it even if you are not on a low-carb diet!
Why make a cake without flour
A flourless chocolate cake is very rich and indulgently decadent: a real dream come true for every chocolate lover. The thing about this type of cakes is that they have a strong cocoa taste and velvety texture which make them really satisfying.
Why are you going to love this recipe
This cake is very easy to make, apart from being delicious. You don’t even need a mixer! All ingredients are combined in one bowl and just whisked. After baking the cake, you can eat it right away. And it is ready in less than an hour!
Another reason to love this cake is because its texture is just great. It is richer than fudge brownies and resembles chocolate which instead of being crunchy is soft and slightly chewy. I can’t even find words to describe this delicious cake but I am sure every chocolate lover would get the point.
Is this recipe healthy
This dessert is full of healthy nutrients as it contains eggs, butter and cocoa powder. It is also gluten free, sugar free and very low in carbohydrates which makes it keto friendly.
However if you are not on a keto diet and you don’t care about carbs, there is the option to make it with coconut sugar instead of the usual keto sweeteners. That will keep the same wonderful taste and healthy nutrients.
Flourless cake is something that you shouldn’t miss! If you never tasted such before, it will open for you a whole new dessert world!
You can eat this cake just few minutes after it has been taken out of the oven. For a perfect experience, sprinkle with some cocoa powder and garnish with fresh berries. You can also refrigerate it and have it cold. I am not sure which is my preferred way: it is always tasty!
Did you like this recipe? Don’t hesitate to write in the comments your feedback. I would be glad if you share the link in social media so that more people can benefit from it!
Check out some of my other chocolate recipes:
- Keto Chocolate Cake with Mascarpone Frosting
- Keto Chocolate Walnut Cake – Garash
- No Bake Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Easiest Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F / 180 degrees C. Line a 7 inch/ 18 cm cake tin with a circle of parchment paper. Grease well inside the pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine butter, chocolate and xylitol. Whisk continuously, until all ingredients are melted and the mixture becomes smooth. Remove from heat and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Wait 10 minutes until the mixture cools down.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Whisk for about 1-2 minutes, until smooth. Gradually add cocoa powder and heavy cream, whisking gently with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes almost clean and the edges of the cake are set.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes. Serve sprinkled with cocoa powder and garnished with fresh berries (both optional).
- I make most of my keto desserts with xylitol but you can use erythritol, monk fruit sweetener or stevia, if you prefer. Beware that xylitol is as sweet as sugar so adjust the quantity of any other sweetener accordingly.
- For non keto version you can use coconut sugar instead of xylitol, same quantity.
- Ideally for this cake try to use the best quality chocolate and cocoa powder you can find.