This is probably the best Pumpkin Tiramisu recipe that you can imagine: easy, tasty and requires very little time to be prepared! It is a bit different than the traditional tiramisu but its taste is just wonderful!
How does this recipe taste like
This recipe is delicious! It’s true that pumpkin doesn’t have a strong taste in general, apart from its mild sweetness. But when spices are added, it gets enhanced in a very pleasant way. The mascarpone and pumpkin pair incredibly well: if you haven’t tried this delicious combination, you are missing a lot! The marsala wine, coffee and pumpkin spices are a perfect addition to this dessert and make it really extraordinary.
Why make a Pumpkin Tiramisu
This dessert will impress everyone who tries it!
You will be surprised to find out how this unassuming vegetable makes a miracle of a dessert. The pumpkin puree is very moist: therefore after adding it to the mascarpone, we don’t need anything else to complete the tiramisu filling. The mascarpone is rich enough that’s why I have skipped the whipped cream, which you might find in many other similar recipes. Also we don’t need lots of sugar in this tiramisu because the pumpkin is naturally sweet. As a result we have an incredibly tasty dessert, prepared very quickly and with less calories than usual: isn’t that just fantastic!
Is this recipe hard to make
Pumpkin Tiramisu is among the easiest desserts you can imagine! Being quick and easy doesn’t make it less delicious than other fantastic recipes out there, like the Pioneer Woman Pumpkin Tiramisu.
The secret of its taste is the combination of marsala wine, coffee and spices. But if you don’t find marsala, you can easily substitute it by brandy or cognac.
To make this dessert you simply have to mix the pumpkin puree with mascarpone, spices and powdered sugar until smooth. Then soak the ladyfingers in the coffee mixed with marsala wine. Layer the soaked cookies and the frosting in a pan… Well, that’s pretty much all the work before refrigerating the Pumpkin Tiramisu!
I am sure you would love this recipe if you make it! Let me know in the comments what you think of it!
And if you like it, please share it in social media so that other people can benefit as well!
Below are some of my other favourite pumpkin recipes:
Easy Pumpkin Tiramisu
- 7 oz/ 200 g ladyfingers, abou 12
- 1 cup/ 250 g pumpkin puree*
- 2 cups/ 500 g mascarpone, 17,6 oz
- 4 tablespoon powdered sugar**
- 3 tablespoon/ 50 ml marsala wine, or other flavoured liquor
- ⅔ cup/ 150 ml strong coffee
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- ⅓ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-2 tablespoon cocoa powder, for dusting
- In a soup plate or a medium bowl combine hot coffee with brown sugar and marsala wine. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine mascarpone, pumpkin puree, powdered sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk until homogeneous.
- Soak gently one ladyfinger in the cool coffee mix. The cookie should stay in the liquid for less than a second. Place it on the bottom of a rectangular pan. Continue the same process until covering the bottom of the pan with soaked ladifingers. If needed, cut some of them with a sharp knife in order to fit them.
- Spread evenly half of the filling over the cookies. Arrange another layer of soaked ladyfingers on top and spread the rest of the filling. Smooth with a spatula and cover the pan with a cling film. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Before serving sprinkle cocoa powder generously on top of the tiramisu.