Who doesn’t love a good fruit cake? And upside down cakes are a special type of dessert that nobody should miss!
This Mango & Raspberry Chocolate Chip Upside Down Cake is easy to make and full of wonderful flavours. A dessert that nobody would resist!
Why is this recipe good
I can definitely say that the combination of mango and raspberries is incredibly aromatic! The delicious fruits are going really well with the nice batter full of chocolate chips. This is a cake you don’t want to miss.
Another great thing is that this cake is easy to make and doesn’t require expensive ingredients.
What ingredients you need
For this delicious dessert you need just simple, easy to find ingredient:
- baking soda and baking powder
- chocolate chips
You will find the ingredient quantities in the full list within the recipe card!
Making the cake batter is really easy: first you need to whisk the wet ingredients, starting with the oil and sugar and little by little adding the rest. Then you need to add the dry ones to the batter.
The great thing about this cake is that you can use different kind of pans: 7 x 11 inch or any middle-sized pie dish: it doesn’t matter! I love desserts that don’t make my life complicated.
It also doesn’t matter how you will serve the cake: you can cut it in bars or in regular cake slices. You can serve it warm or cold: it is always great. Literally one of the less pretentious but very tasty desserts you can make!
I hope you like this recipe! Please let me know in the comments how it went, in case you made it!
Here are few more easy fruit desserts that you would probably like:
- Raspberry Bread with Lemon White Chocolate Glaze
- Easiest Air Fryer Banana Bread
- Healthy Peach Dump Cake from scratch
- Peach, Raspberry and Apricot Crumble
Mango Raspberry Upside Down Cake
- 1 ⅔ cups/ 220 g raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoon/ 40 g butter
- ¾ cup/ 150g + 4 tbs g granulated sugar
- ⅞ cup/ 200 g plain yogurt
- 1 ½ cup/ 180 g all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon/ 40 ml olive oil, or other vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ⅔ cup/ 100 g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F/ 180˚C.
- Combine mango, raspberries and 4 tablespoon sugar and mix.
- Melt butter in a 7 x11 inch baking pan (or a round pie dish) and spread it evenly around its bottom. Arrange the sweetened fruits on top of the melted butter.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together olive oil and ¾ cups or 150 g sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one by one, add vanilla extract and continue beating. Whisk in yogurt. Slowly mix in dry ingredients and chocolate chips until just combined.
- Pour the batter over the fruits into the prepared pan. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the top becomes golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the cake becomes brown before the toothpick comes out clean, place aluminum foil on top of the cake and bake for few more minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool for 10-20 minutes before carefully running a knife around the edges. Invert cake on a serving plate: the best way is to put the plate upside down on top of the pan before inverting.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Store the cake refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- The combination of raspberries and mango is delicious. However if you prefer, you can make it with only one type of fruit, by increasing its quantity accordingly.